Writings of the general word's body

Monday, August 14, 2006

nma awards


This is D'Banj (singer of Make I Tell You Di Koko) who last night won 'Artist of the Year' at the Nigeria Music Awards, held in London. He poses (below) with the hostess of the show.

Some of the night's winners:
P-Square (Get Squared) - Album of the Year
Oruka (Sunny Nneji) - Song of the Year
Paul Play Dairo - R'nB
Sammie Okposo - Gospel
Sunny Nneji - Highlife
Marvellous Benjy - Reggae
Yinka Aiyefele - Juju
Pasuma Wonder - Fuji
DJ Abass - Music Journalist
Ara - PMAN Artiste of the Year
Sir Victor Uwaifo (Joromi) - Evergreen
Fela Anikulapo-Kuti - Lifetime Achievement
Diya Ojo - UK Indigenous
JJC/419 Squad - UK Urban











Left: Lady drummer, Ara, with her award.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molara,
Whaooo, I am a reader of your blog. If i knew you'd be coming to the NMA, would have tried meeting you. I met Uncle Tunde oyedoyin(thats what i call him) and i never thought of asking about you. Too bad of me. I'd like to send a PM about the NMA but i could'nt get your email address. you can send me a Pm at gbengaijotan@gmail.com and i'll reply back.

Wordsbody said...

Gbenga - I have posted the following on your site:

All's well that...

Please take this as my permission to use the said photo. Please copyright somewhere near the photo: "© Molara Wood"

Regards,
M

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I do appreciate it.