Bola Ige was killed on December 23, 2001 in Ibadan, the city from which he once ruled as Governor of the old, larger Oyo State.
Activities marking the 10th anniversary continue till December 23, as follows.
- Lecture today December 21 at 11am at Premier Hotel, Ibadan, to be delivered by Rauf Aregbesola, current governor of Osun State. Title: 'Political Violence and Assassination: Implications for the Future of Democracy in Nigeria'.
- Performance today December 21 at 7pm at Trenchard Hall, University of Ibadan - Bola Ige's play, 'Kaduna Boy'.
Thursday December 22
- Candle light procession at Ibadan, Osogbo and Esa-Oke.
- An evening of Poetry, Dance, Drama, Music & Documentary at the Ige Compound in his hometown, Esa-Oke, Osun State. 8.30pm.
Friday December 23
- Rememberance Church Service at St. Pauls, Esa-Oke.
- Reception & Party featuring Bola Ige's favourite musician, Lagbaja.