Writings of the general word's body

Monday, May 28, 2007

And more Osundare

It was all smiles for the prolonged photo session after Osundare's reading in Leeds. Here he poses with Palorine Williams (a Yorkshire based writer and member of the Inscribe Group) and Jack Mapanje.
After the workshop - Prof. Osundare and Nana-Esie Casely-Hayford, a writer of Ghanaian extraction who on arrival, greeted the Nigerian poet in Yoruba.
L-R: Ray, Osundare and I. I told Prof. Osundare that I had never been to Leeds before but I had to come as I couldn't miss this unique opportunity to see him. "And when you're dealing with a 60-year-old man, you have to seize the moment!" he quipped good-humouredly. Osundare greeted Ray in the extra warm manner of 'omo wa ni' (he's our child), and as I later found out, Ray is from the Congo.

No comments: