Writings of the general word's body

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gone to pot

My good blogger's intentions, that is. I had it in mind to post about Laila Lalami's reading of February 16 at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK, last week. However I was in remote Agbarha-Otor near Warri in Delta State when I tried to blog it on Monday 15th. And what do you know, my MTN internet USB connected all right, but it went nowhere! So there went that.
~
Happily, the 2006 Caine shortlisted writer - who was to read from her second book Secret Son - has blogged about the reading from London, where it was "chucking it down". The reading in Norwich, she said, was a "smashing success." Good for her. Never mind unreliable bloggers, Ms Lalami.
  • Laila Lalami photographed in London, 11 July 2006, by MW.

No comments: