Writings of the general word's body

Monday, March 19, 2007

Jude Dibia's Unbridled

Who was this man? My mind screamed. This was certainly not the sweet man who loved black people and who wanted to have an African queen to be his bride. This could certainly not be the man who courted me all these months.
He walked to the dresser and gave it a big kick. I jumped slightly in fright and stared at his back. I could hear his deep breathing from where I sat.
“You women are all the same,” he said, turning round to look at me. “You always want to change things that need no changing.”


The above is
an extract from Jude Dibia's second book, Unbridled. The author of Walking With Shadows describes the new novel as "a psychological look at the power relationship between men and women, fathers and daugthers, strangers and lovers told from a woman's point of view."

Unbridled is out next month.

No comments: